Practicum in research, administration, and scientific writing
CIRFA offers an internship program for three university credits in the humanities and social sciences.
- Under academic supervision, write a synthesis work in the form of a scientific article relating to the researcher’s field of interest and the collection.
- Catalogue in the trainee’s field of interest (author, and/or subject).
- Present the article in public or in a working group (i.e. at a conference).
- Participate in the development of one scientific and animation activities (discussion circle, conferences, raising awareness, Norman Bethune project, networking).
- Assist in the organization and presentation of the collection.
(Level and curriculum)
Completion of the baccalaureate, period of study, or writing of a master’s degree in social sciences or humanities. Supervision is carried out by university-level faculty members of the Center or faculty members from Quebec universities who agree to participate in the supervision. Internship provides 3 credits.
Ability to write and work independently; have a sense of initiative; ability to work in a team; and/or a strong interest in internationalism, worker status, and social justice.
Working languages: French, English and Spanish.
The Center is located at 160 St-Viateur-Est, suite 707 in Montreal. The Center aims to promote research from a progressive point of view. It seeks to assist those who wish to deepen their knowledge of historical materialism and internationalism theory by providing them with access to a specialized library and documentation. The Center is organized on the basis of research projects or activities. To this end, the library arranges a collection of some 15,000 books and periodicals dealing with economics, political economy, philosophy, history, political science, sociology, as well as a compilation of documents relating to the history of the workers’ movement and internationalism throughout the world.
Unpaid Developmental Training
Although not remunerated, the 3-credit course allows researchers to deepen their knowledge and work alongside a research center that promotes the emulation and consolidation of their knowledge. The Center allows scholars in the various disciplines of the social sciences to relate their research; to exchange opinions individually and through symposia or study days; and to produce materials for use in a master’s thesis or an article. A scientific article sanctions the final report.
The application file
The contents of the application should include:
- A CV.
- Up-to-date transcripts
- Research project, publications or draft project
- If possible a letter of recommendation
Send the file with subject line STAGE to email@example.com
The period and duration of the internship
The training period is one term from the start of the academic sessions. The trainee must ensure a physical presence of at least 5 hours per week at the training site.
The deadline for applications is three weeks after the beginning of the academic sessions.